May 17, 2017 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
In this training module students will learn what Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) are and what they are used for, particularly on LEED v4 projects. They will be able to distinguish between the different types of EPDs and understand what is being communicated as it relates to material Life Cycle Analyses. Finally, students will take away what is necessary to help LEED project teams meet environmental purchasing goals, particularly for EPD credits on LEED v4 projects.
- At the end of this module, you should be able to demonstrate what Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) are and what they accomplish
- At the end of this module, you should be able to recognize the various elements of EPDs and the minimum “LEED impact category” information necessary
- At the end of this module, you should be able to understand how to read EPDs in order to satisfy Specifications for New Construction, Operations and Maintenance and Tenant Fit-outs
- At the end of this module, you should be able to distinguish between types of EPDs recognized by LEED and other product evaluation systems
- At the end of this module, you should be able to review sample EPDs and understand how they apply to various LEED rating systems
This course is good for 1 LEED Specific CE Credit (BD+C)/(ID+C)/(O+M) and 1 AIA LU/HSW and is available for USGBC Ohio Members only. For USGBC Ohio Membership, please visit our website
. Attendees must be registered by 10:30am the day of the webinar. A link to the WebEx Meeting will be emailed to you from Eventbrite sixty minutes prior to the viewing. Attendees can view the webinar from any computer with functioning audio and video. Please make sure that when joining the meeting you type in the full name(s) of all the registered viewers at your location viewing the webinar and stay for the duration of the video(s) to be considered as present. CE credits will be submitted automatically.